Friday, June 8, 2012

Peas and Beans

First the good news, peas and beans are growing.  I see a lot of ants around them but they still seem green and healthy so I'm going to consider the ants a friend of legumes.  The carrots are coming up, more sunflowers and cucumbers too.  Most of the tomato, pepper and eggplant look good, I have a wilty one here and there.  No sign of the dreaded beetles either.
On the downside, the zucchini isn't looking great.  I think the birds ate the seeds so I'm going to have to replant.  Some of the plants don't look too good either.  If I had pictures I could match it up with something on the Google machine.  Drat!  I'm going to have to remember to take more pictures.
The dirt looks dry on the surface but is nice and dark about a quarter inch down.  Anny watered anyway because it's fun to pour water on things.

No comments:

Post a Comment